Fursdon Farm Caravanning & Camping Site Re-opening 4th July 2020
We are pleased to announce that in response to HM Government Covid 19 guidance we will be reopening on Saturday the 4th July 2020. We would take this opportunity to thank you all for your patience and look forward to welcoming you back to Fursdon Farm.
In doing so there will be some changes.
Cornwall will be different this year. Do not necessarily expect to visit your favourite place without pre booking . Also it is important to be prepared to turn away and leave if a particular area or venue is too busy. Having worked so hard to tackle the pandemic across the south west and in Cornwall in particular, the last thing our community and limited NHS services need is a second wave of infection requiring potentially, a local lockdown.
What we can guarantee at Fursdon Farm is that you will receive a warm welcome and find plenty of space to relax with friends and family in a safe environment on our quiet "hideaway" site. The beaches may be busy this year but the moors and green lane walks offer space and time to relax amongst nature at its very best.
To enable us to make this guarantee to both our visitors and our neighbours in the local community please note that we will be implementing some changes to our operating procedures:
- Stays must be pre booked and paid for prior to arrival. We will not allow any unplanned casual visits
- During the booking process we will ask you some questions about your health as far as Covid 19 is concerned. This is to confirm that you feel safe and well to visit us. If you are self isolating you will understand that this needs to be done at your home address whether in Cornwall or elsewhere. Please do not try and book or continue with a booking if you are feeling unwell.
- Should you develop any symptoms during your stay you must tell us and return home immediately. To protect other visitors and our local community you will not be allowed to stay on our site.
- In either case we will refund your deposit and or balance of your stay.
- We will agree with you an arrival check in time so that we can be ready to meet you on site and direct you to your allocated pitch. Please do not attempt to arrive before this time. If delayed please contact us.
- Our spacious pitches at Fursdon Farm exceed the required 6 metre distancing and will be allocated to allow for sensible social distancing having due regard to the current legislation.
- We will only accept individual bookings to help avoid any large groups. Where family members wish to book a pitch to be near each other this should be discussed when booking.
- We will be operating at reduced numbers so that we can manage the demand made upon both ourselves and the wider local community.
- To further limit numbers and free up space, day visitors will not be allowed on site.
- There will be signs as a common sense reminder to increase hand washing and maintain the two metre distancing from other people. Enhanced cleaning of multiple touch points will take place.
- Toilet and shower facilities will not be open for the time being. Campers will be allowed to pitch a toilet tent on their allocated pitch.
- Service points including electric hook ups, drinking water and grey and chemical waste disposal will be open. Please follow hand washing guidance after using them. Whilst we will have additional hand sanitiser on site we would ask our visitors to also bring with them their own supplies of soap and sanitiser. Though not compulsory on site, if you wish to use protective gloves or face masks please bring your own supply. A reminder that masks are required if using public transport in Cornwall.
- Our popular tow out and return service for store and pitch customers will still be offered. We will not enter your unit at any time unless in extreme emergency so please remember to take everything you need with you on your departure. If this service is of interest to new customers please get in contact. There are only a few vacant storage pitches remaining.
These arrangements may change subject to assessment of new information and guidance from HM Government as it is released.
We do appreciate that these changes may cause difficulty for some of our visitors this year and if you feel unable to join us in 2020 we do understand. Please be assured though that Fursdon Farm and Cornwall , will still be here in 2021. In the meantime please stay safe and healthy.