Fursdon Farm Caravanning & Camping Site
Following the national announcement on the 22nd of February we are pleased to confirm that, subject to HM Government’s approval, it is our intention to welcome back guests on the 12th April 2021.
At the moment we are still trying to clarify guidance in respect of our shared facilities including toilets and showers. The earliest that the ruling allow these to open is the 17th May 2021. This means that until then guests need to be self-sufficient in respect of washing and toilet arrangements.
We will continue to comply with these and all other requirements, so please be assured that your safety and that of our friends, neighbours and family will remain paramount at all times.
We would like to take the opportunity to thank all our customers for their forbearance and patience during last season.
With some clarity now being introduced for the coming weeks, longer term the future certainly seems much brighter; thanks to the brilliant work of many people and organisations in developing treatments including vaccines. Also, to all of us for sticking to the restrictions.
Last year provided some helpful learning which we intend to build on for this and future seasons.
- Many guests preferred to use their own facilities.
- It was appreciated that we were managing site numbers by enforcing the need to pre book stays even though this meant turning many new visitors away.
- Guests valued the peace and quiet offered by the local area and were less concerned about the closure of the larger commercial venues.
Once regulations allow, we believe that this year we can safely reopen our toilet and wash facilities with the additional equipment now installed and enhanced sustainable cleaning regimes.
We will still work to reduced capacity on site by encouraging visitors to pre-book their stay during what is almost certain to be a very busy year.
During the booking process we will ask you some questions about your health as far as Covid 19 is concerned. This is to confirm that you feel safe and well to visit us. Please remember that our site is not the place to self-isolate. This must be done at home. Even if you have been vaccinated there is still the risk that you could carry and pass on the virus.
Should you develop any symptoms during your stay you must tell us and return home immediately. To protect other visitors and our local community you will not be allowed to stay on our site.
We will offer a full refund or an opportunity to rebook your stay should there be a change in either national restrictions or your personal need to self-isolate.
We will agree with you an arrival check in time so we can meet you on site and direct you to your allocated pitch.
Our spacious pitches at Fursdon Farm exceed the required 6 metre distancing and will be allocated to allow for sensible social distancing having due regard to the current legislation.
- Whilst only accepting individual bookings to help avoid any large groups, where family members wish to book a pitch to be near each other this should be discussed at the time of booking.
- Signage will be used as a reminder to increase hand washing and maintain the two-metre distancing from other people. Enhanced cleaning of multiple touch points will take place.
- Additional hand sanitiser will be on site. But we would ask guests to bring their own supply of PPE. Masks, gloves etc.
- The store and pitch service will still be available for our storage customers.
So, from all of us here we look forward to welcoming you and your friends and family back to Fursdon Farm to enjoy nature and the great outdoors at its very best.
Kathryn, John & Andrew
Rebel, Billie, Millie and Sox